For the 2017-18 school year, the East Side Union High School District Education Foundation is proud to make available a total of $10,000 in grant awards for teachers in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. A committee of teachers and Foundation board members evaluate grant applications and submit recommendations to the Foundation Board. Individual grant awards are up to $1,000 each.
Please be aware of the following guidelines before starting an application:
- STEAM grants are intended to extend student learning by supplementing rather than replacing district funding.
- Funds can be used for the purchase of equipment and/or materials not normally funded through school budgets.
- Funding is not intended for the purchase of ordinary school supplies that are a part of the regular school budget.
- Additionally, grants are not awarded to pay teacher stipends or other remuneration.
- All applications must relate to the teacher’s subject area and classroom activities.
- Projects must be completed during the 2017-18 school year.
How to Apply
Applications are also available from school principals.
All applications must include:
- Teacher contact information and subjects taught;
- A descriptive project title;
- An implementation timeline;
- Budget information; and
- How equipment and/or materials will be used to supplement or enrich student learning.
Grant applications for the 2017-2018 school year must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Friday, January 26, 2018. Soft copies should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Grantees will be notified by February 2, 2018, so they may complete their projects before the end of the school year.)
If you have any questions about applying for an ESUHSD Education Foundation grant, please email Board Member Dan Moser.
Click here to learn about the teachers and projects that received funding in previous years.