The following East Side teachers were awarded a total of $5,680 in STEAM grant funding for the 2014-15 school year:
- Debra Dimas (Santa Teresa), Science – Keeping It Real: Real Life Applications for Math, Technology, and Engineering
- Autumn Juhl (Santa Teresa), Art – Deforestation and Sustainability of Paper
- Nimesh Kadakia (Yerba Buena), Science – Monitor CO2 Levels in the Atmosphere & Make Predictions on Climate Change
- Lope Macaset (Piedmont Hills), Science – “I See Your True Colors”: Using a Spectrophotometer in the Chemistry Laboratory
- Christina Mandler (Silver Creek), English – Listening Center for Read 180
- Jennifer Quan (Oak Grove), Science – 3D Printing as a Means of Biological Conceptualizations from Organic Compounds to Organisms
- Timothy Trotto (Santa Teresa), Special Ed – Our Power of Reimagine: How Can I Teach My ASL Toy Students!
The awardees were honored at the East Side Foundation’s first annual Crab Feed on March 14, 2015.